Advised: Norsk Data on the sale of ND Partner A.S. to Siemens Nixdorf A.S.

Sign up for our updates

I would like to receive updates and news relevant to my position and industry.


Deal summary

  • Siemens-Nixdorf agreed to combine its Norwegian operations with Norsk Data’s ND Partner marketing and systems integration company, which dealt mainly with national and local government and with the offshore oil industry
  • Siemens-Nixdorf became the majority shareholder and had the option to buy out Norsk Data’s shareholding.
  • The merged company also took control of the ND Partner and Siemens-Nixdorf operating companies in Sweden and Denmark
  • Siemens Nixdorf paid 80% and took management control of the ND Partner unit in Norway: Siemens Nixdorf had an option to buy the other 20%.

About Norsk Data

Norsk Data was a minicomputer manufacturer located in Oslo, Norway. Existing from 1967 to 1998, it had its most active period from the early 1970s to the late 1980s. At the company's peak in 1987 it was the second-largest company in Norway and employed over 4,500 people.

Throughout its history, Norsk Data produced a long string of extremely innovative systems, with a disproportionately large number of world firsts. Some examples of this are the NORD-1, the first minicomputer to have memory paging as a standard option, and the first machine to have floating-point instructions standard, the NORD-5, the world's first 32-bit minicomputer (beating the VAX, often claimed the first, by 6 years).

About Siemens Nixdorf A.S

Siemens-Nixdorf was formed in 1990 by the merger of Nixdorf Computer and the Data Information Services (DIS) division of Siemens.

It functioned as a separate company within Siemens.

Siemens-Nixdorf was the largest information technology company in Europe until 1999 when it was split into two: Fujitsu Siemens Computers and Wincor Nixdorf. Wincor Nixdorf took over all banking and retail-related business after the split.

  • Deal value

    178,000,000 NOK

  • Location


  • Sector(s)


  • Deal type


This deal was made by

More deals by AQUAA Partners